If you’re looking for a new roommate, you know how difficult it can be to find the right fit. You desire a person who is dependable, accountable, and compatible with your lifestyle. How can you be sure you’re getting the best roommate possible? Here are some helpful tips!
- Define what you’re looking for in a roommate. Create a list of qualities that are important to you and use it as a screening tool when interviewing candidates. Make a point of asking about any deal-breakers (things that would make you unhappy) when conducting interviews. While you may have a fantasy roommate in mind, it’s also critical to be realistic. Setting your expectations too high may make finding a new roommate extremely difficult.
- Scan your contact list. You probably know lots of people who are looking for a roommate than you realize. As a result, starting with your contact list is a great place to start. Examine your contact list to see if you already know anyone who would make an excellent roommate. Then approach them and inquire! Allowing others to know that you are looking for a roommate could result in the discovery of a person who is a perfect match for your lifestyle.
- Ask friends and family. It’s fine if you don’t know anyone looking for a roommate. Just inquire with your family and friends to see if they know anyone who might be interested. You probably know someone who is looking for a place to live. Furthermore, because your friend or family member is familiar with you, they may be able to recommend someone with whom you would get along well.
- Use social media. Try online resources such as Facebook groups, Craigslist, and Reddit to spread the word that you’re looking for a roommate. You can also post a status update on your own profile or ask your followers if they know anyone. Be specific in your search and avoid disclosing too much personal information.
- Try a roommate locating service. There are services that can help you if you’re struggling to find a roommate on your own. Based on your preferences and lifestyle, these services will pair you with potential roommates. Different services work in different ways, and there may be charges associated with them. Prior to signing up for any service, be sure to do your homework.
- Choose the roommate that is the best fit for you and your lifestyle. It’s time to decide after speaking with a few potential roommates and checking their references and rental history. If you’re deciding between more than one great option, go with your gut and choose the person who you believe would complement your lifestyle the most.
Now that you know how to find the ideal roommate, all you need is the ideal Fort Lauderdale rental home! Browse our listings online to find what you’re looking for.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.